About the Karangahape Road Business Association
Founded in 1924, the Karangahape Road Business Association (KBA) is an incorporated society whose aim is to foster the economic development of the Karangahape Road precinct. It does through delivering a comprehensive programme of marketing and events, networking opportunities and advocacy to local bodies. It is a partner with Auckland Council in its city-wide Business Improvement Programme (BID Programme) and derives its income from a separate rate collected by council from business and property owners within its precinct boundary and returned to the KBA.
It is governed by an executive committee and a constitution outlining its rules of operation.
Services the KBA offers its members include
- Promotion through an annual programme of marketing and events
- Business workshops and networking opportunities
- Advocacy to local bodies over major works planned for the precinct
- Advocacy to local bodies over issues relating to service provision
- Free listing on the KBA website
- Access to real time pedestrian counts and quarterly retail spending reports
- Regular updates on news and activities in the precinct
- A point of contact for general business enquiries relating to the precinct
- A day security foot patrol between 10am – 6pm
- A night security mobile patrol on Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm – 3am augmented by a Barwatch service from 10pm – 4am which connects the doormen of licensed premises to each other through a network of RT's, to a co-ordinator and to the police District Command Centre