Founded in 1924, the K' Road Business Association (KBA) is an incorporated society whose aim is to foster the economic development of the K' Road precinct. It does through delivering a comprehensive programme of marketing and events, networking opportunities and advocacy to local bodies. It is a partner with Auckland Council in its city-wide Business Improvement Programme (BID Programme) and derives its income from a separate rate collected by council from business and property owners within its precinct boundary and returned to the KBA.
It is governed by an executive committee and a constitution outlining its rules of operation.
Services the KBA offers its members include
- Promotion through an annual programme of marketing and events
- Business workshops and networking opportunities
- Advocacy to local bodies over major works planned for the precinct
- Advocacy to local bodies over issues relating to service provision
- Free listing on the KBA website
- Access to real time pedestrian counts and quarterly retail spending reports
- Regular updates on news and activities in the precinct
- A point of contact for general business enquiries relating to the precinct
- A day security foot patrol between 10am – 6pm
- A night security mobile patrol on Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm – 3am augmented by a Barwatch service from 10pm – 4am which connects the doormen of licensed premises to each other through a network of RT's, to a co-ordinator and to the police District Command Centre
K' Road Street Enhancements Project 2019 Information Pack for KBA Businesses